PREPARING YOUR ARTWORK:
When preparing your files for printing be sure to preflight your files for color, fonts and file resolution. Also:
- Provide crop marks
- Allow for bleeds; 1/8 inch beyond the borders
- Provide all fonts or convert fonts to outlines
- Make all colors Spot or CMYK (each color equals a plate)
- Supply all linked files (scans, photos, artwork)
- Provide a High Resolution PDF or hard copy proof
- Make sure the size is correct
- Eliminate all unnecessary files
- Give us your contact information: (e-mail, phone, fax, and contact name)
- Tell us what kind of a proof you want (pdf or printed)
- Spell check all files
- Note: a 72 dpi file resaved to 300 dpi will still print badly ... it needs to be created at 300 dpi to start with.
- Before submitting your files please check to be sure it folds correctly and holes/die cuts do not interfere with artwork.
Submitting your artwork
- Email us your artwork directly if it is smaller than 9 or 10 Mb.
- You can use dropbox. Its free but you will need to sign up for service.
- You can also use google drive. It is also free and a good choice if you already have a gmail account.
- Wetransfer is a good sight for transfering big files also and does not require signing up or installing software.
WE ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING FILES:
(When sending native files, remember to include all fonts and links.)
- InDesign (up to CS6) (Our preferred file format)
- Illustrator (up to CS6)
- Photoshop (up to CS6)
- Acrobat PDF (up to v.10)
- Microsoft Word (Saved as a .pdf)
- Microsoft Publisher (Saved as a .pdf)
- Quark (save as a .pfd or .eps)
- CorellDraw (Please convert to outlines and export as illustrator file)
- Note on Borderbund Software:Borderbund software will not export to a useable format for printing so if you own one of their products like Printshop or Printmaster Pro you will need to
print to a .pdf by using software like PDF995 or PrimoPDF. For instructions on how to export a .pdf from borderbund software (or any other software) click
Other acceptable File Formats: For quality printing, please provide
vector art and/or rasterized art which is 300 dpi in the following formats:
- .eps or .ai
- .jpg (hi resolution only/not compressed)
- .pdf (For instructions on how to create a .pdf when there is not a .pdf export feature in your program click here.
If you need graphic editing or converting software there are several good free choices out there such as gimp for pictures (raster based) and
inkscape for illustrations (vector based).
If you are using InDesign, simply select FILE/PACKAGE and that will collect all the components that we require. (we will need the entire packaged folder)
If you are using word, simply do FILE/SAVE AS/PDF or XPS then save your file as a .pdf.
If you are using publisher, simply FILE/PACK AND GO/TAKE TO COMMERCIAL PRINTING SERVICE then bring us the packaged files. We prefer that you save as a .pdf before sending. Simply
FILE/PUBLISH AS .PDF OR XPF then send us the .pdf file (this would be the prefered method)