Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
Want to give us your printing data and have questions about file formats, printing procedures and other things? Below we have summarized the most frequently asked questions about our printing services.
1. How do I submit my printing data to S&S Printing and Graphics LLC?
2. Which Graphics File Format Is Best To Use When?
PDF format is ideal for printing. For photo prints we recommend the formats .PSD, TIFF or EPS. (note: although .jpg is popular it is a low resolution compresed file for use on the web only and does NOT print well)
3. What resolution do I need for poster prints?
With posters or other large items we recommend a resolution of at least 300 or 600 dpi. In individual cases, a resolution of 200 dpi may suffice.
4. Can I review my data on a PC before it is printed?
As an extra convenience for our customers, we have set up an individual workstation. Here you will find the most popular programs, such as Microsoft Word or OpenOffice, already installed. A universal card reader is provided as well. Use of the workstation is free of charge.
5. What is a bleed?
6. What is CMYK color or spot color?
7. Is there free software out there to edit my images in?
8. What programs can I submit my files in?
Adobe InDesign is what we use here at S&S Printing but you can design in several other prograns and submit your work as a .pdf if you wish. see out artwork submission guidlines for more details.
9. Submitting your artwork
- Email us your artwork directly if it is smaller than 9 or 10 Mb.
- You can use dropbox. Its free but you will need to sign up for service.
- You can also use google drive. It is also free and a good choice if you already have a gmail account.
- Wetransfer is a good sight for transfering big files also and does not require signing up or installing software.
Do you have any other questions about what you want to print?
Just call us at 660-665-7251 or use our contact form.