PREPARING YOUR ARTWORK:
When preparing your files for printing be sure to preflight your files for color, fonts and file resolution. Also:
- Provide crop marks
- Allow for bleeds; 1/8 inch beyond the borders
- Provide all fonts or convert fonts to outlines
- Make all colors Spot or CMYK (each color equals a plate)
- Supply all linked files (scans, photos, artwork)
- Provide a High Resolution PDF or hard copy proof
- Make sure the size is correct
- Eliminate all unnecessary files
- Give us your contact information: (e-mail, phone, fax, and contact name)
- Tell us what kind of a proof you want (pdf or printed)
- Spell check all files
- Note: a 72 dpi file resaved to 300 dpi will still print badly ... it needs to be created at 300 dpi to start with.
- Before submitting your files please check to be sure it folds correctly and holes/die cuts do not interfere with artwork.
Submitting your artwork
- Email us your artwork directly if it is smaller than 9 or 10 Mb.
- You can use dropbox. Its free but you will need to sign up for service.
- You can also use google drive. It is also free and a good choice if you already have a gmail account.
- Wetransfer is a good sight for transfering big files also and does not require signing up or installing software.
WE ACCEPT THE FOLLOWING FILES:
(When sending native files, remember to include all fonts and links.)
- InDesign (up to CS6) (Our preferred file format)
- Illustrator (up to CS6)
- Photoshop (up to CS6)
- Acrobat PDF (up to v.10)
- Microsoft Word (Saved as a .pdf)
- Microsoft Publisher (Saved as a .pdf)
- Quark (save as a .pfd or .eps)
- CorellDraw (Please convert to outlines and export as illustrator file)
- Note on Borderbund Software:Borderbund software will not export to a useable format for printing so if you own one of their products like Printshop or Printmaster Pro you will need to
print to a .pdf by using software like PDF995 or PrimoPDF. For instructions on how to export a .pdf from borderbund software (or any other software) click
Other acceptable File Formats: For quality printing, please provide vector art and/or rasterized art which is 300 dpi in the following formats:
- .eps or .ai
- .jpg (hi resolution only/not compressed)
- .pdf (For instructions on how to create a .pdf when there is not a .pdf export feature in your program click here.
If you are using InDesign, simply select FILE/PACKAGE and that will collect all the components that we require. (we will need the entire packaged folder)
If you are using word, simply do FILE/SAVE AS/PDF or XPS then save your file as a .pdf.
If you are using publisher, simply FILE/PACK AND GO/TAKE TO COMMERCIAL PRINTING SERVICE then bring us the packaged files. We prefer that you save as a .pdf before sending. Simply FILE/PUBLISH AS .PDF OR XPF then send us the .pdf file (this would be the prefered method)